Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Buzz Factor: Cloud 9

Hey guys. Well, it's no secret that I love (capital L) "Mystery, Alaska". It's got a lot of heart and is one of those rare movies that makes you stand up and cheer. And, I think Russell Crowe's performance as Sheriff John Biebe is better than Maximus, John Nash and SID 6.7, combined. Anyway, the heart of that film is Burt Reynolds as Coach Walter Burns; he is a constant inspiration (I hear him cheering me on at the gym, Hortence always makes fun of me for this). So, imagine my surprise and elation to find the film "Cloud 9" on the bottom shelf of my local Hollywood Video. The film tells the story of a con-artist who brings together a bunch of strippers to start a volleyball team. On premise alone the movie is a ten. But couple that with a fantastic, ispiring (again) performance by Reynolds and you have a winner. Not to mention the return of special appearances by A-list stars (more movies need to have special appearances.) I don't want to give too much away, watch the trailer below and enjoy.

No comments: